9.27.2009

fabric choice for valances - too much going on?


i'm lucky because my mom is one really talented seamstress. the woman made her own wedding dress, my first communion dress + countless other lovely things over the years. now she operates her own business selling handmade heirloom gifts (Mary Grace Designs).

i should also mention she's been living with me the past 3 weeks to care for me and my growing family while i'm on bedrest. thanks mom!

in her spare time (haha), she's promised to make valances for m's room (sorry, every blogger seems to come up with clever names for their kids, but this is the best i can do. m is my 2-year-old). i already got my hands on this cool marimekko bedding for her new *big girl bed*.


but because i'm housebound, it's been a bit of a challenge to find coordinating fabric for the window treatments. shopping online is my only option, so my mom and i settled on the fabric above from fabric.com. i love it, but do you think there's too much going on with these prints? i want the room to be bright and fun without being too girly. the walls are the palest of pinks, all the furniture is white and the floors are hardwood.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new blog! I can't wait to see your fun decor adventures. Hope you're not going too stir crazy!